Thursday 27 September 2007

The fate of the rhubarb...

...turned out to be, not as predicted, a crumble.

Instead, after spending the previous two evenings polishing off the apple crumble that Mum gave me, I decided something else was in store for the rhubarb. I did some googling, and flicking through my cookbooks before deciding upon Nigella Lawson's Rhubarb meringue pie.

Rhubarb meringue pie

It was pretty easy to make, though took a while to assemble all the various parts. Due to our lack of food processors and electric beaters, I had to make the pie crust and meringue the old fashioned hand way, making it more time consuming than it otherwise needed to be.

Still, I'm on holidays, so I'm not complaining about the time.

Neither am I complaining about the fact that all I've eaten for lunch today is another slice. Time to go have a sandwich, methinks!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Oh yeah, *drool*. A is a lucky man. Unless of course it's all gone by the time he gets back! I love having time off to do these kinds of things.

Apple2Hourglass said...

o m G that look amazing - clever you! can you send me a piece? hehe

Apple2Hourglass said...

oops I meant "looks amazing" durr - I was drooling so much I made a typo!! haha

yublocka said...

If I could I would Briony - it'd stop me from eating it all at least!!!

Margaret said...

I love rhubarb. I love meringue. I think I am going to have to try this one. Yummmm