Thursday 20 September 2007

So how did I not know about last.fm until now?

Last.fm rocks! So much better than listening to crappy ad-infested radio stations that play the same ten songs over and over all day long and have announcers whose voices make you want to go and put your hand in between the blades of a blender.

Plus you can choose what kind of music you want: “chilling”, “electro”, “grunge” or a mix of anything and just go from there.

I’d say that at the moment it has re-connected me with old music I had forgotten about more than discovered new good stuff, but it’s definitely given me ideas for fresh tunes to put on my iPod.

It’s now officially my preferred musical entertainment when stuck in front of the computer for hours on end. Within the space of one short week, I now don’t know what I’d do without it!

7 comments:

Steph said...

I'm so over the radio. Like you said they play the same songs over and over and then the ads are what drive me insane. One song- ten ads and repeat.

yublocka said...

And with some of the dodgy songs at the moment - argh!!!!

Unknown said...

Goddamn I am so stealing your corn bread recipe. That stuff looks DIVINE!!

We dont get that great radio stations here in perth, but we have groove fm which is volunteer radio so not many ads, but its all rnb, so only good if your into that kind of style. I like it for a change but not all the time.

I know ridiculous my stupid trainer having me train 12 times a week. Thats like 12 or so hours. Im just going to go for walks when I feel like it and do what I can when I can!!!

Have a fabbo weekend!!

Mary said...

Thanks for the link hon, I'll have to check it out.

Margaret said...

I am reconnecting with music at the moment. Since I got my ipod I have been listening to music I have never heard before. Thanks to Mary (who sent me 2 cool cd's) I am opening myself up to non top 10 music. Though, to be fair, I love that too :)

Will check last.fm out. Thanks

yublocka said...

No worries guys, and if you find some cool stuff, please share! :)

Anonymous said...

People should read this.