Thursday 20 January 2011

43things: Get a bike and start bike riding

I'm finally marking this goal as done! I’ve had my bike for over a year now. I’m by no means an expert cyclist and in that time I wouldn’t say its gotten the biggest workout ever, but I am using it!

New bike
The day I bought my bike!

In the last week alone I have ridden to:

  • Port Melbourneto meet friends for dinner & drinks
  • Step into Life class
  • Sandringham beach and back with friends for a swim

I don’t know if I’ll ever be an everyday communter. That will probably depend more on proximity to work and shifts, but I’m enjoying what I’m doing for now. I already have dreams of other bikes I’d like to get – cruiser, racer, vintage road bike…..but that’s a story for another time and place!


Bay ride

Me on a recent ride taking a cheesy self-portrait

No comments: