Friday 20 November 2009

And just to kick me while I'm down

Other not-so-nice occurences in the preceding week:
  • My mobile phone carked it. It simply won't turn on. Tried plugging it in. Removing the battery and putting it in again. None of it works. And the killer? I can't find the frackin' receipt. This little baby is worth $800. I paid about $400 on eBay only a few months ago and I am still spewing.
  • $200 parking fine. Didn't even see the feckin' minature sign saying Bus stop. I have never seen a bus anywhere near that street either. Tried pleading against it, but no go.
Bus stop
  • My toaster broke. It was the first appliance I bought well over 10 years ago when I first moved out of home. Never a squeak of a problem, until the other day one of the metal inner trays just snapped. Now I'm resorting to cooking my morning toast under the eletric grill which takes approximately five hundred years and increases my chances of not watching and accidentally burning the toast thousand-fold.
So sure I've been moping around and barely leaving the house. But with shit like that happening, wouldn't you?

2 comments:

Mary said...

And it comes in threes. Mobile phone? I've got a spare Nokia if you need it hon. Nothing fancy but it's better than nothing. Let me know and I'll post it to you.

yublocka said...

Aww thanks Mary. Luckily I have a spare old one. And I found the receipt today too. Woohoo! Now I have to post them my phone, charger etc and see what they can do to fix it up!!