Saturday 30 May 2009

What I wore this week: #4

Another partial week's worth of outfits. Tried to mix in some new and old items this week.

1) Sailor shopping

I wore this when A and I went out to the closest mall last weekend. I think this tshirt didn't get the ylf approval on its own, but with the vest hiding its wider stripes, it somehow works better. Extremely comfortable, thanks in no small part to the amazing Me Too Swanns.

Sailor shopping

2) Casual Sunday

Drove several suburbs down to a beachside cafe for brekkie. It was packed. The food was good, but not as good as some of our locals!

Casual Sunday

3) Copying Angie's look

This look is a complete rip-off of an amazing dress Angie sported recently on ylf. When I saw a similar shaped dress at Target made out of t-shirt fabric I snapped it up faster than you can say ARGH! It's impossible to see on the black fabric, but there's gathers on the front similar to Angie's. I love the shape!

I even copied her idea of wearing pearls underneath, and tried unsuccessfully to copy her lovely poses too!

This outfit was comfortable beyond belief. It felt like I was wearing pajamas all day!!!

Copying Angie's look

It was a bit cold out, so I added the Ben Sherman houndstooth jacket I bought not-so-long ago.

Copying Angie's look

4) Turquoise knit top, take 2

I wore this knitted top from H+M again, deliberately pairing it with lighter colours. I think it works better than last time I wore it. I *really* wish I had bought the CM microchecks I tried on whilst away. I think their light colour would work really well with this top.

Behold in this outfit: the only item of yellow clothing I own!

Turquoise knit top, take 2

5) Yet another dress from Target

OK it's official. My name is Tamara and I'm a Target addict. In the last few years I'd say a large percentage of my clothing, and pretty much ALL of my tops have come from Target.

I love the pattern and feel of this dress. It's a light, stretch cotton. However looking at this picture I don't feel it flatters my apple shape too well. Ooops.

I do love it though. Do you think this outfit is channelling the schoolgirl look too much, however? How else would you wear it?

Yet another dress from Target


Whew that's it! I'm glad I didn't take photos of *every* day now - that was exhausting!

Click on any image to be taken to flickr.com for a larger view.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Over the last few months I have only bought clothes at Target. I find that season to season they seem to match, and the structure of the shirts and skirts seen to suit my figure really well at the moment. Hmmmm I feel another Target shopping expedition coming up LOL..

You look fabulous by the way :)

Mary said...

Loving all the looks you post. You do realise you are giving me ideas - love the splash of colour, especially with your shoes :-)