Thursday 7 January 2010

Headcold and liver failure

Cheery title huh? Well I've been home sick with a headcold today, so what can I say, cheery I am not! If I was doing any other job I would probably have gone into work today and just tried to keep a low profile. You can't really fly under the radar too much in ED though. You still have to go see your own patients, hunt people down to talk to about them etc. Exhausting sometimes, and I knew I just couldn't do it today.

Instead, I lounged around most of the day. I ventured outside for about 45 mins to go to the post office and the supermarket and that's it. I dressed up a bit more more than I normally would for such an outing, because I didn't want to look as bad as I felt.

Headcold

Loving the drapey SS cardie. It's cozy and I kicked about in this outfit for the rest of the day. Does it look funny that the sleeves of the aqua t-shirt poke underneath the shorter cardigan sleeves?

I picked up that necklace from Forever 21 in LA many years ago but have only worn a handful of times for some reason. I'm not sure if the length works too well on me; is it too short to be a long necklace? It's definitely too long to be a short one.

And just as a bonus, here's an outfit I wore to work recently, featuring a yellow top. I know that doesn't sound earth shattering to anyone else, but for me it's literally been 20 years since I wore a yellow top. I have a clear memory of my mother telling me I looked jaundiced in a yellow top I used to wear when I was much younger.

Do I look like I have liver failure?

What do you think? Can I get away with it, or does it make me look like I have liver failure?

To wear inside the frigid conditions at work, I popped a cardie over the top. That made me feel a lot less self-conscious.

Do I look like I have liver failure?

After braving the supermarket, I've come home and made a pot of Thai Chicken noodle soup. It's now 8:30pm and I'm going to take myself off to bed. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow I'll feel human enough to face work!!

No comments: